Recent advancements in scientific research led to the development of Bone Formula, an innovative, specially-designed, nutritional blend that provides a three-step approach to healthy bones:
- assists the bone formation
- improves calcium absorption and
- helps inhibit bone mineral loss.
Bone Formula provides novel sources of calcium and vitamin K for enhanced absorption and also added health benefits.*
Bone is living, growing tissue that contains blood vessels and nerves. It is made mostly of collagen, a protein that provides a soft framework for bones, and calcium phosphate, a mineral that adds strength and also hardens the framework. Bones and teeth contain more than 99% of the body’s calcium. The remaining 1% contains in cells, blood, and other body fluids. Normal healthy bones are an important part of maintaining the general health of the human body. Healthy bones enable a person to enjoy many of life’s activities.
For proper bone health, it’s important to consume adequate calcium. During childhood, we are able to absorb up to 75% of the calcium we consume, but as growth slows, so does the calcium absorption rate. Teens absorb 20 to 40% of ingested calcium and adults, on average, absorb only around 15%. Also, according to USDA food intake surveys, most American women consume only about half as much calcium as recommended. Bone Formula is a scientifically advanced blend of vitamins, minerals, and other potent ingredients, which helps maintain proper bone structure and function and also provides 500 mg of calcium and 400 IU of vitamin D per daily dose.
While calcium is the primary factor in maintaining proper bone structure and function, it is not the only one. Minerals such as boron and magnesium also contribute to proper bone health. In addition, vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium, and vitamin C s essential for the normal formation of collagen, which is necessary for normal bone structure.
- The unique combination of nutrients supports three aspects of healthy bones—bone formation, calcium absorption, and also inhibition of bone loss.*
- Novel sources of calcium and vitamin K for enhanced benefits not found in other bone health products; these ingredients have also been shown to support joint and cardiovascular health.*
- Cutting-edge formula based on current research with clinicallysubstantiated levels of bone support nutrients.*
- Bone Formula provides 500 mg of calcium and 400 IU of vitamin D per daily dose.*
What Makes This Product Unique?
Bone Formula provides a comprehensive blend of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients to help maintain proper bone structure and function. Bone Formula provides nutritionally meaningful levels of calcium and vitamin D when combined with a healthy diet. With novel sources of calcium and vitamin K, Bone Formula provides added health benefits.*
Who Should Use This Product?
This product is intended for individuals who want to maintain the proper structure and also a function of healthy bones. Adequate calcium intake is linked to good bone health by slowing bone loss in menopausal or middle-aged women, persons with a family history of bone health concerns, and also elderly men and women.*
Did You Know?
- Postmenopausal women, individuals with lactose intolerance, or vegans are at the highest risk for inadequate calcium intake
- Compared to children 6 to 12 years of age, teenagers 13 to 17 years of age consume 124% more soda and 20% less milk
- More than 40 million Americans are affected by—or are at high risk for—osteoporosis
- Healthcare costs for bone-related conditions far exceed $30 billion per year
- Most women achieve peak bone mass around 20 years of age
Frequently Asked Questions
What sources of calcium does Bone Formula provide?
Bone Formula blends three excellent sources of calcium (lithothamnion, calcium malate, and calcium ascorbate). Lithothamnion is a new exciting source of calcium derived from mineralized seaweed that can only be found in certain sub-oceanic locations throughout the world. During its life cycle, this unique seaweed absorbs nutrients from the clear, cold, pollution-free, mineral-rich Atlantic waters. This all-natural plant source of minerals contains important levels of key bone nutrients such as calcium and magnesium. Calcium malate and calcium ascorbate provide complementary sources of calcium that are bioavailable and well-tolerated. Calcium supplementation can promote healthy bone formation in young adults and support healthy bone integrity in the elderly.*
What is the role of vitamin K2 in the Bone Formula?
Bone Formula delivers a special form of vitamin K known as menaquinone or vitamin K2. Studies have shown that K2 is more active than vitamin K1 in maintaining bone health. Vitamin K2 also delivers cardiovascular benefits, a benefit not found in regular vitamin K1.* A recent study investigated the effects of vitamin K1 as compared to vitamin K2 in two European populations; the group that consumed vitamin K2 showed bone health benefits that continued to increase throughout the study, whereas the efficacy of K1 plateaued within a few days.
Why is vitamin D included in Bone Formula?
The role of vitamin D in calcium and bone metabolism is well established. There are a number of clinical trials documenting the benefits of supplemental vitamin D for maintaining normal bone health and calcium metabolism, especially in the elderly. Although the skin produces vitamin D upon sunlight exposure, marginal vitamin D status is common—especially in the elderly living in the northern latitudes of the U.S. and Canada. As a result, vitamin D supplementation from multivitamins in the amount of 400 IU daily is recommended.*
What is the role of magnesium in Bone Formula?
Magnesium is the second most abundant bone mineral and appears to be as important for bone health as calcium, especially as marginal or inadequate magnesium intake is a significant concern in the U.S. Magnesium is involved in the regulation of calcium transport and metabolism and, as such, assumes a key role in bone formation.
Is Bone Formula safe?
Bone Formula is safe and there are no known adverse reactions when taken at the recommended dosage.
Directions for Use
Take three (3) capsules with eight (8) ounces of liquid with your morning and evening meals. Store in a cool, dry place.
Pregnant or lactating women and people with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to taking supplements. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Discontinue use and consult a physician if any adverse reactions occur.
No added sugar, salt, wheat, yeast, or dairy products. No preservatives or artificial colors.
Key Scientific Studies
- Schurgers LJ, Teunissen KJ, Hamulyák K, Knapen MH, Vik H, Vermeer C. Vitamin K-containing dietary supplements: comparison of synthetic vitamin K1 and natto-derived menaquinone-7. Blood. 2007 Apr 15;109(8):3279–83. Epub 2006 Dec 7.
- Chiu KM. Efficacy of calcium supplements on bone mass in postmenopausal women. J.Gerontol.[A] 1999;54:M275–M280.
- O’Brien KO. Combined calcium and vitamin D supplementation reduces bone loss and fracture incidence in older men and women. Nutr Rev 1998;56:148–50